21. June 2012 09:18
A business is only as good as its people. Recent research by Kenexa shows that:
- 69% of employers believe employees are engaged, whilst only 35% of employees claim to be
- 81% of HR professionals think employees would recommend the organization to a friend. Only 38% actually would
- 71% of HR professionals think the organization has fair benefits while only 48% of employees agree with this statement
- 53% of HR professionals think they provide fair compensation compared to only 30% of employees
- 83% of HR professionals think their employees plan to stay for the next year. 41% of employees agree with this statement
HR departments clearly need to start engaging and listening to their employees to stem the flow of high staff turnover which will ultimately result is bad customer experiences for all.
All it would take is an annual employee engagement study or survey if you like, but it needs to be read and the results of which are cared about and acted upon.